Wooden Flooring Maintenance Guidelines
The wooden floor should be swept, vacuumed and/or dust-mopped with a recommended hardwood floor cleaner (Cobra Liquid Wax) or (Cobra Floor Cleaner) regularly to remove dirt and grit.
- Always Protect your wooden floor from any form of moisture. Moisture causes unnecessary movement in the timber.
- Polish the floor with liquid cobra wax on a bi-weekly basis, and be sure to remove all excess wax.
- Never use sheet vinyl or tile floor care products on wood floors. Self-polishing acrylic waxes cause wood to become slippery and appear dull quickly. The only remedy in this situation is to sand and refinish the floor.
- Place mats and throw rugs at doorways, exteriors and interiors to help prevent the tracking of grit, dirt and sand.
- Sweep or vacuum wood floors regularly.
- Never wet-mop a wooden floor. Standing water can dull the finish, damage the wood and leave a discolouring residue.
- Wipe up food and other spills immediately with a dry or slightly dampened towel (wipe dry).
- For a wax floor, buff to restore shine. You may want to invest in a buffer.
- Do not over-wax a wax floor. If the floor dulls, try buffing instead. Avoid wax buildup under furniture and other light traffic areas by applying wax in these spots every other waxing session.
- When moving heavy furniture, protect wooden flooring by slipping a piece of cloth or pile under the legs or covering each leg with a heavy sock or half of a milk carton.
- For wooden flooring in the kitchen, place an area rug in front of the kitchen sink to catch sink splashes and cut down on wear.
Please feel free to contact us for any further information regarding the maintenance of your wooden flooring.